Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Trying to get back

Three months have passed since I've updated my blog. I've wanted to come back here, several times, but my mind was overloaded with extra work and responsibilities. I couldn't find my way back in the way of a coherent "What I've been up to" post. But now, things have calmed down a bit, and my husband encouraged me to at least write a paragraph to get started (or restarted).

The problem is, the paragraph I want to write will take me forever. I'll scrutinize my words too much. I won't just write. I'll dwell on how it sounds, if it flows, if it makes sense. I'll either reveal too much or too little. This paragraph will about the writing I want to do, the kind I wish would just flow, as it does for others. This paragraph will be telling. It'll be empty, but it'll say a lot. It'll hint at things and be quite clear. It'll be a pointless little paragraph, but it'll make a point at the same time.

I need to write more.

No comments: